Are people actually willing to get a COVID-19 vaccine if it were available?
Would you get a COVID-19 vaccine if it were available to you today?
|Period||Sep. 24th, 2020|
|Num. of respondents||415|
|Num. of opinions||235|
|Num. of initial opinions||0|
|Platform||MTurk (US residents)|
The above palette diagram shows the response pattern of each respondent (respondents are aligned horizontally, their response patterns are shown vertically).
Roughly 20% of proposed opinions are not exactly the responses to the question asked (coded as Not directly related to vaccine). We kept those opinions because there are considerable amount of respondents who reacted to them. We also obtained a few opinions that can’t be coded clearly, although they are related to the vaccine (Unknown). We neglect the green and orange portions of the diagram hereafter.
Overall, most of the people are positive about taking the vaccine (if it were available), although not so many people are willing to take it as soon as possible. [Yes and Yes, if it is ensured to be safe]
However, a considerable number of respondents support No and Wait for a while.
Some people are skeptical about political influence (Political influences).
All of these opinions have emerged spontaneously from the respondents.
Opinions in each opinion group
Popular opinions in each group are listed below.
- As long as Trump is in office, nothing can be trusted to be safe.
- I'm very concerned about a vaccine being approved strictly for political purposes and then being given to the public without sufficient trials. If proper procedure is followed, however, I'll get that vaccine as soon as it's available.
- I would never get a vaccine that is approved by USA entities while Trump is still president. I would wait for him to leave the office and THEN I can trust the US institutions again.
- I will NOT take the vaccine if Donald Trump says it’s o.k. but no other credible people (like Dr. Fauci) agree.
- I am afraid of taking the vaccine, because of different rumors going around about the vaccine.
- I would like to know the vaccine development is free from political influence and was put through the standard research and trials as all vaccine are. Only then would I consider getting myself and my family vaccinated.
- I will not get any Vaccine rammed through by the Trump administration in order to get him re-elected.
- I would get it to prevent spread
- Absolutely, I want the vaccine as soon as possible.
- Yes.I would get it.
- I am eagerly waiting for covid 9 vaccine. Covid 19 is a dangerous virus for all of us. I think vaccine helps us to get rid from Covid19.
- I would get a COVID vaccine, assuming I would not experience negative long-term side effects, but irrespective of the efficacy
- I would take asap
- I pray each and every time to find the vaccine for this deadly virus. I would be willing to get the vaccine and ensure all people in the world will afford and access it.
- I would take it.
- I will not take the Covid-19 vaccine.
- covid-19 has a disastrous one. this was stunned by the world. lot of people suffered and get more anexious. once find the suitable vaccine we will so much happy.also the safety of the vaccine is a big question. we will find a suitable one against covid-19
- I'm aware of a previous vaccine that was rushed out and had disastrous results for some.
- No, I wouldn't. The vaccine would not have been tested for long enough to know it is safe.
- No. You have to pay for the vaccine and pay me at least $500.
- What’s really in the vaccine? What are long term effects? How effective is it? What are the side effects or negative things that could happen?
- No. I would not get the vaccine
- We need another stimulus check !
- There is very low risk of me contracting Covid in my small, rural town. I am healthy, so there is very low risk of a Covid infection negatively impacting my health. I will wait a year or two until it has been proven safe and effective in real world use.
- I would consider it, but only after it has been proven safe. It would take a while to study the vaccine to know it's safety.
- I would wait a little bit until the vaccine has been out to make sure everything goes okay, then once it has been proven effective I would get it.
- I'd want to know long term side effects - a year or more down the line - before I made a decision.
- I would get the vaccine, but would not be one of the first to do so. I would want to wait to make sure that it is safe.
- I would wait until I am sure the vaccine is safe and effective, that is others have taken it and are okay. I won't be first in line.
- I will probably wait a little while, but not too long. Just long enough to get a sense that it is safe.
- I would want to get the vaccine, but wait to see the side effects and until it has been out a while.
- It depends on the scientific data and consensus backing the efficacy and more importantly, safety of the vaccine.
- I will believe health practitioner if they are the one who recognized it for the masses
- Even with a vaccine, still continue practicing good and healthy hygiene habits.
- use properly very safe it
- Its welcome stuff., but i dont really think i need it. At least not for now. Am still yet to trust new vaccines like this
- I will get the vaccine once it has been tests using the proper methods and trials AND when I’m assured that its approval has not been influenced by politics, money, etc.
- let the WHO test it
- If Mr president support it I accept it
- I will get the vaccine as soon as there is one available that is proven to be effective and safe. Until then, keep wearing masks and maintaining distance.
- I would get it if it is proven to be safe. I think it is patriotic and everyone's responsibility to help stop the spread of the virus.
- I will get it after it has cleared all clinical trials and it has been extensively tested.
- Once the studies are completed and the vaccine[s] is/are verified as safe, I will get it/them as quickly as I can.
- I would get the vaccine if it is proven safe. I am high risk and want to be protected.
- Everyone would as long as it is safe
- Yes, as long as it is proven reasonably safe I would eventually get it.
- I would be willing to get the COVID-19 vaccine if it was proven safe. But I believe it will be rushed to appease the public and ease tensions.
- were mask when ever you go outside
- it is the main area we could know our strength
- i am just waiting to go for out and just want to talk people freely
- i was stunned foe each and keep distance and i use mask avoid the covid 19 in cautious and safe themselved
- Most people have no idea how #vaccines go from idea to syringe. What questions do you have about vaccine development?
- Covid 19 very dangerous disease
- the very thinking and good all the people is very sad
- good think about the pandemic situation