This is a poll conducted after the last debate (Oct. 22nd) for 2020 US Presidential Election.
What is the most important issue to you personally in the upcoming election?
|Period||Oct. 26th – 30th, 2020|
|Num. of respondents||278|
|Num. of opinions||177|
|Num. of initial opinions||0|
|Platform||MTurk (US residents)|
Circular palette diagram
Linear palette diagram
The above circular/linear palette diagrams show the response pattern of each respondent; the respondents are aligned azimuthally/horizontally, and their response patterns are shown radially/vertically. The color of the most dominant group is indicated at the center of the circular palette diagram. (See here for more details about the palette diagrams).
- The data has been collected through Aska1, which generates a graph (network) as a result of a poll.
- Opinions are classified into groups using graph clustering based on the response patterns2.
- The group labels (i.e., coding) are determined by us, based on the classified opinion texts.
- No annotation has been performed in the present analysis. That’s why we have groups of overlapped contents (Economy and COVID-19 & Economy) and there are few misclassified opinions.
Opinions in each opinion group
Popular opinions in each group are listed below.
- The most important to me is letting the president do his job. Parties working together. Accepting the results! Not destroying cities when you don't get your way.
- Some sort of health care reform to make it more affordable.
- The most important issue is access to affordable healthcare
- Healthcare is the most important issue in the upcoming election. I have a pre-existing condition, a daughter who is covered under my policy but is now 23 years old and I have concern for siblings, family members and friends.
- Healthcare reform and access
- Universal healthcare.
- Protecting health care and the affordable care act
- Change the president and change America
- climate change
- Improving basic human rights issues like health, nourishment, housing, and education.
- Reopening and stabilizing the economy. Getting employment numbers back up.
- I SUPPORT ALL THE RESPONSES FIRST THE PEOPLE AND THE ECONOMY HAS TO BE OPEN NORMAL AND MORE JOBS HERE IN FLORIDA THE MINIMUN WAGE
- The most important issue in the upcoming election is the economy.
- Income Inequality
- My most important issue is the current economy.
- Covid-19 Relief
- Covid-19 measures.
- The most important issue to me is re-opening the economy and getting back to our normal lives.
- bringing back the economy to what it was pre covid-19
- Our healthcare and for those with pre-existing conditions
- Healthcare coverage for all Americans to help us through the pandemic and beyond.
- Coronavirus crises
- Solve Covid and preventing further sickness.
- Preserving the rights of the individual.
- Racial equality
- Reduce the taxes
- Social justice issues
- ANY PARTY WILL BUT THE MAIN THING IS THE WORLD BECAME NORMAL
- criminal justice reform, specifically being more lenient on laws and prevent prison overcrowding
- Stopping the race-baiting and division of the population
- Equality. Justice. A president who doesn't give handouts but also had a heart
- Decency, ending racism and bringing the country together.
- Violence in the streets.
- Some one with a moral compass.
- The corruption and lawlessness of the current administration.
- Hunger, homelessness, and affordable housing
- Climate change solutions, not denials
- Women's rights/pro-choice
- abortion and reproductive rights
- covid and harm reduction from conservatives
- Equal rights for women
- Corruption actually being addressed and nepotism laws being enforced. The fact that Trump has funneled millions into his own businesses and contacts at the tax payers expense is out of line and He should have sold off Mar-a-lag
- Climate change.
We renamed our graph-based survey framework to Aska from voteclustering. ↩
You might have noticed that the opinion graph is too sparse to detect these groups. Actually, we have collected more than 278 responses (but with a slightly different setting) and we used those extra information behind to achieve this resolution. ↩